The entire staff at The Dance Step loves what we do and we hope it shows! We have some simple rules & regulations that we need all student and parents to follow in order to have a successful year.
1. All students must abide by the dress code. NO bracelets, necklaces, earrings for safety reasons.
GIRLS DRESS CODE: Black leotards, dance shorts or skirt, hair pulled back out of their faces and proper dance shoes.
GIRLS BALLET DRESS CODE: Buns and pink tights with proper dance shoes.
BOYS DRESS CODE: Loose fitting clothing and proper shoes. Long hair must be pulled back.
2. Tuition is due on the 10th of each month. A $15 late fee will be charged if payment is received after the 15th of the month. Every 7 days an additional $10 will be added to your bill if payment is not received. If tuition is outstanding for more than 3 months your child will be suspended from ANY dance class (group, private and competition included). Tuition can be dropped in the box in Parent Room A. The box is emptied nightly.
3. Due to our liberal make-up policy, there are No refunds, adjustments or prorating of tuition due to missed classes. Students are STRONGLY encouraged to make up missed classes in an age-appropriate, comparable class.
4. Parents are welcome to leave the studio during classes, as long as the child can use the restroom by themselves. Please remember the teachers are not responsible for children when they are not actively participating in the class they are registered for. If you are late for pickup, there will be a babysitting fee enforced of $5 for the first 10 minutes and $1 per minute thereafter, added to tuition. We understand emergencies happen, but please be courteous to the teachers and their time. This IS enforced!
5. Any student felt to be disruptive, disrespectful or found to be mistreating any other student(s), will be asked to leave the class without refund or a make-up class. This includes, but is not limited to following: criticizing, making fun of others, correcting other dancers, crying, complaining or whining, leaving class without permission, disruptive behavior, repeated tardiness/absenses. This type of behavior will NOT be tolerated.
6. If you decide that your child is done with dance mid season, please be respectful and let us know through email, reminder or face to face. You will continue to receive a bill until we are informed otherwise.
7. Please sign up for the REMIND app, our automatic text list to keep up to date on happenings in the studio. TEXT @tdancest to 81010 to sign up. This is the BEST way to keep up with communication from TDS. We will text you for snow days and other important information about the studio.
Following all rules and regulations will help us to run a smooth season. Our lines of communication are always wide open, so please feel free to ask questions! We cannot wait to get started. This is what we love and we are ready to share our love of dance with your child!
Any questions or concerns, please address them with your child's teacher. Thank you!
August 20- Classes Begin!
September 2- Labor Day - NO CLASSES
August 20: Tuition Due!
Sept 10-15: Tuition Due!
October 10-15: Tuition Due!
November 10-15: Tuition Due!
December 10-15: Tuition Due!
January 10-15: Tuition Due!
February 10-15: Tuition Due!
March 10-15: Tuition Due!
April 10-15: Tuition Due!
May 10-15: Tuition Due!